PARTNER News

Friday, January 28

Visualization of an Internet Shutdown in Egypt. What does it mean?

While there is no doubt that a conflict is happening in #Egypt, I haven't been able to form a sensible opinion on the issues.



What I know



1) A lot of people don't like the current government



2) Violence is happening



3) The government reacted by shutting down communications



Here's my big question. Is the intent to hide from the world, or cut off communication between the rebels?



The effectiveness of the action is questionable either way.



I so much want to be saying "bad or dumb move to shut down communications" and comment in favor of any group fighting for change.



But would it be irresponsible for me to do so?



Supposing there is some change. I assume it would be positive. But what do I know? Would the new government be better?



I don't have a clue.


No comments: