PARTNER News

Wednesday, October 20

#hashable invades my privacy. Will I like this?

I got an invite to look at #hashable. The tweet said



" the way you are you'll pick it up quickly and run with it"



Wos..such flattery. I feel for it and clicked on the link.



Just before the new window opened, I saw another tweet from @hashable.. Oh great, a BOT... but I was already on my way.



Once at the site, I saw a log in screen but not a word about what the site was there for. Being the curios reporter of new apps that I am, I threw caution to the wind and put in my Twitter handle.



Logged in via Twitter and got another screen that wanted my email address, a bunch of data from LinkedIN and my ZIP CODE (???)



Then a 3rd screen wanted me to add some people I''ve never heard of, with an option to share that on Twitter. Under that, a list of Twitter friends already connected to me there.



I clicked through, but wait.. a POP UP asking me if I wanted to share my good fortune with the Twitterverse.



Finally, a home page with all sorts of goodies like all the other social media sites. Starting to look interesting.



Is it based on hashtags?



Is there a video, a demo, and option to not share this with all of you?



There it was.. the "How it Works" link that would tell me what I signed up for. I've share some of it below.



Hey, a nifty tool to let me put in two handles and have them both get a tweet. Just like I do every day with EVERY Twitter client out there. Who knows.. that might be useful, but here's why I didn't stick around to try it.



"We'll follow up"



If my friends don't enjoy the message from a service (not me).. they get another message!



My guess is that all the two people I intro have to do is JOIN #hashable..



But I can't confirm.. I've already disconnected from this one.

Amplify’d from hashable.com


There is a simple tool on the hashable.com homepage that can help you make introductions. You can use the tool to make an introduction through twitter or email. Using our integrated address book, you'll be able to easily search your twitter or email contacts and find people you'd like to connect. (Warning: this is highly addictive!)

We'll follow up


Hashable also follows up with your friends a few days later (via email or twitter) to see if they connected. Hashable will notify you once we hear from your friends.

Read more at hashable.com
 

No comments: