PARTNER News

Monday, December 27

Is @Quora Going to Out @Amplify Amplify.com? (post by @Scobleizer)

I'm a fan of #amplify. I'm using it more than my blog to post content and love the discussions here.



I'm also trying other products to share what I find.



#quora is getting rave reviews in the tech community and I have seen this group lead the way in blogging, social media and other trends (of course "tech" would be one of them).



My own experience with @quora is OK.. but I don't see it as that much of a breakthrough.



Have you used Quora?



What are the differences?

Amplify’d from scobleizer.com

@Scobleizer I believe @quora is the future of blogging.less than a minute ago via Twitter for iPhoneShervin Pishevar
shervin

First, it learned from Twitter. Ask your users a question and they’ll answer it.

Second, they learned from Facebook. Build a news feed that brings new items to you.

Third, they learned from the best social networks. You follow people you like. But then they twisted it. You can follow topics. Or you can follow questions in addition to following people. This is great for new users who might not know anyone. They can follow topics.

Fourth, they learned from blogs about how to do great SEO. I’ve started seeing Quora show up on Google.

Fifth, they learned from FriendFeed, Digg, and other systems that let you vote up things. If you watch a question that has a lot of engagement you’ll even see votes roll in live. It’s very addictive.

Sixth, they brought the live “engagement display” that Google Wave had: it shows who is answering a question WHILE they are answering it.

Seventh, it has a great search engine for you to find things you are interested in.

Read more at scobleizer.com
 

No comments: