PARTNER News

Wednesday, December 15

Why does JCPenney spend so much on Facebook?

I read the bit about JCP putting up banner ads with like buttons and started wonders.



Supposing I had access to million of dollars to get millions of people into my thousand of store locations, and/or my online shopping site, would I set up a DESTINATION on Facebook?



The ordering on Facebook bit make sense.. it's like putting up a new store in a new town. "Go where the people are"



But what about the ads. A banner is luck to get one click. Would you use that to go to Facebook, or send people to your own site?

Amplify’d from mashable.com

JCPenney currently has 1.3 million fans on Facebook. The company moved closer to Facebook integration in October when it began running Facebook “like” buttons in its banner ads.

Read more at mashable.com
 

No comments: