PARTNER News

Thursday, September 2

Should we care about China?

I shared a link that a friend pointed to early today from a site about China



One man took offense and started sending me messages telling me I was wrong. I asked for a link to better facts and was told I should have researched the article before the retweet.



That appeared odd to me. I read articles and post to learn new things. I don't accept them as indisputable facts, but I think my opinion on what I find interesting is my own decision, and cant believe one would think that I should become an investigative reporter to share what I READ.



For the record. Everything here, and most everything I write is MY THOUGHTS. If I site a source, it is almost always unverified. I would never think to pass on something that I didn't think was true, but I do hope my network values my choices while judging for themselves.



What I should have told @Pew115 was "If you don't like what I tweet, just unfollow me"



But, that's not me. I continued to respond as best I could in 140 characters. Wondering how his allegations could be taken serious without even one URL.



HINT: That "one URL" on Twitter could be HIS BLOG.. he's welcome to say what he pleases and if it fits my criteria above (fairy broad, eh?) then I would have most likely shared it with my followers.



I next was told that I was "testy" (that happens.. I won't dispute it) and that he knew all this because he lived in China.



Hmmm.. He just told me that news is suppressed, but he knows all the facts :)



Next came a barrage of articles with what I thought was some pretty good opinions and some facts that expanded what I know about charity in China. (which is not much)



He told me he did all this to help me. I thanked him on Twitter and will say it again here. THANKS.. I DO need to care about China.



Which made the tweet below strike me as the oddest thing I've seen all day.



I do care about places I don't live. Especially China. Should I?

Amplify’d from gianttweet.com
@WarrenWhitlock Again, why so testy? You don't even live here? What's it to you?
09~02~2010
Read more at gianttweet.com
 

No comments: