PARTNER News

Monday, September 13

Will the Many Uses for Mobile Social Get Here Before We Get Bored

I was asked if I'm bored with @Foursquare yet. The idea being that sooner or later we'll stop and ask ourselves



"Why am I doing this?"



I've been asking that from the start. I install all sorts of things each day.. I'm a gadget geek, I want to keep up with the bleeding edge trends, and I pride myself on knowing how to use these tools before most people even know they exist.



The vast majority have me sign up, send an email with a confirmation, then start hitting my with updates one or more times a day. I go back a few times and usually block the emails after a few days and then the use drops off fast.



Facebook, Twitter, Ampify and Foursquare are tools that made it past the first month (many more are hanging around.. that's another post).



I have to admit that @Foursquare was a chore for me. A bad app on my old cell, and I was asking "What am I doing this for?" from the start.



Fast forward to a couple more phones, finding the web interface so I can always get on and finally happy with the Android version.



I've studied marketing using these apps and consider that it will be a great thing for business. I can also tell you about several ideas that will be great for consumers.. more than coupons and discounts... but ALL in the future (at least for me so far).



So why do I keep checking in?

Amplify’d from www.brandchannel.com

Foursquare Seasons Hotel: Check-In Any Time You Like

Four Season

The venerable Four Seasons luxury hotel brand is going geo-social. A "Best of California" partnership with location-based mobile/web service Gowalla offers guests concierge recommendations while traveling, and allows them to earn hotel credits.

Gowalla "Passport" users will be eligible for up to $100 credit (amount varies slightly per location) for check-in at three recommended local spots. Concierge choices show up in a "Trip" tab on Gowalla; users check-in and receive a PIN number that's redeemable at Four Seasons spas or restaurants through Nov. 19.

Read more at www.brandchannel.com
 

No comments: