PARTNER News

Friday, November 5

The conversation about you is going on now. (via @ConversationAge)

Planning is all well and good, but not an excuse to put off listening.



Customers, bloggers and media are talking about you online today.



Here's my plan.



1) Start listening right now

2) Respond when you can help

3) Do everythng else in this article



We're in REAL TIME now. You need to plan, manage, measure and evaluate, but you have to be engaged while you are doing it.



Yes, this is harder than waiting till you are ready. No, you don't have a choice.



The conversation is going on, with or without you. Join the conversation now. It's okay if you aren't quite ready. Tell us that. Be authentic, we'll understand.



Just don't tell us you don't care (the message we get if you are not here)



Here's a "one person listened" case study.



I mentioned on @Amplify that Cox Cable wasn't listening. A customer service rep in Kansas noticed and commented that he couldn't access my account but would do what he could.



I was happy. SOMEONE CARED.



He followed through. Found a Cox rep in Vegas who fixed my problem. I was ecstatic and they got back a customer worth thousands of dollars per year.



A month later, I referenced Cox again. A local rep thanked me.



Cox lost 13 months of my business because of one bad CSR experience. I tweeted, blogged and told many people about my bad experience.



I had heard that Cox had a social media plan, but I couldn't get a response. @Cox_Will was one person who followed my universal social media plan.



I call it "Listen and Love" .. pay attention to the conversations that are already happening and respond like any decent person would to a friend.



You customers don't care about your metrics. They want to know you care about them.

Amplify’d from www.conversationagent.com
2 years

Survey: 86 Percent of All People Don't Know the Plan Comes First

Only 14.2% of businesses find their social-media strategies to be “very effective” – and only 7.3% consider them “very revenue generating.” Dare I say these 14% or so are the same who establish goals and metrics and then measure against them?

Read more at www.conversationagent.com
 

No comments: