PARTNER News

Thursday, November 4

Turns out @Clearwire isn't the only one lying about download speeds

I'm going to skip the urge to write yet another post on my horrible experiences with #clear.. having given up when contacted by their social media guy who said he'd either fix things in a day or make sure my contract was cancelled and issued a refund.



Instead, I got turned over to collections that same day.



But no, I'm not here to repeat that I've never met anyone who tried #clearwire and had a bad experience. Or that their parent company @Sprint has spotty 4G coverage at best. Not my ax to grind today.



I just want to #amplify this graphic.



American mobile providers are so good at hype that they actually have arguments over which is fastest on a standard that is about 10% of the real standard.. saying anything to get you into a contract for service that is continually behind the rest of the world.



How do we let them get away with this?



I know better is possible.I've watch @CoxCable learn to interact with customers, offer me a "it works or you don't pay" ultra super fast service that I'm happily paying 5 times as much for. When it has a problem, I tweet and someone answers me.



My hope for the future is that we all will learn to DEMAND that a company perform. The locked in contracts are dinosaurs. I'm betting that the telcos will soon retire to tell stories of the good old days when they had their customers confused.



So who's going to take their place?


No comments: