PARTNER News

Monday, November 22

"I tried to make Twitter what I thought it should be and it didn't work. Know I'm writing as an expert"

Most of the people I talk to offline don't get Twitter, don't use it and that's just fine with me. I know a people who don't use a computer and others who hate phones.



If the person is important to me, I talk to them where they are.



I started using Twitter because people I wanted to talk to were there. For me, it's always been about connections and conversations. People are social.. Twitter is just a tool to connect to some of them.



So when a "marketer" tries to talk about Twitter as a channel, or ask if it's social.. I start off skeptical. Jeff Sweat laments that he can't force feed longer ads at us. I suppose that's the position we'd expect from a guy selling banner ads :)



But there's some hope. These guys are starting get it.. Twitter is not another channel to broadcast your ads. Once they stop trying to compare new things to old ideas, and figure out they can server their customers better by listening, tthey may find a use for Twitter.. or not.



Either is fine with me.

Amplify’d from www.huffingtonpost.com
Jeff Sweat

Jeff Sweat


Editor-in-chief, Yahoo! Advertising Blog



Posted: November 19, 2010 06:37 PM


If you're a marketer with a message, you have to hope that your followers are looking at their Tweet stream at that very second. In a place like Facebook, or even Yahoo!'s new social integration, things from people you care about have a way of sticking around.

Read more at www.huffingtonpost.com
 

No comments: