PARTNER News

Tuesday, August 31

The best way to avoid getting caught on @Foursquare

A popular topic this week is the privacy settings on Foursquare and of course Place (from our favorite privacy whipping boys over at Facebook)



The tips are good, but they left out one that I guess people need to know. If you don't want to be known for going to a place, DON'T GO THERE!



And in the unlikely event that you just have to go someplace that you don't want to share.. the DON'T CHECK IN



I'm a FourSquare fan boy.. I can't explain the draw and yes, I do check in using "off the grid" quite often. At first, it was the game. Then I got bored with that and considered it research or a record of where I went for later datamining experiments.



Let's face it. I like sharing cool stuff and while I was SHOCKED when I first got a comment about an auto post that I was Mayor of the 98 cent dollar store.



But who knew.. there are other husbands dragged to stores and we had a nice chat

Amplify’d from www.pcworld.com

It's hardly practical to believe there are "right" and "wrong" ways to employ social networking services like Twitter or Facebook. However, there are "smart" and/or "safe" methods of use, especially for location-based services (LBS) that identify your whereabouts at a given time, like popular social network/LBS Foursquare.

Read more at www.pcworld.com
 

No comments: