PARTNER News

Sunday, August 29

Death of Phone Number Predicted in 5 years

When someone says "What's your nunber?" I cringe.. never knowing when that person might think they can require my attention.



I'm not talking about telemarkers, sales people or the government. I fee that way when a good friend from online, a new hot prospect for business or a vendor I love ask for my cell.



I LOVE talking on the phone.. but do you need my number?

Amplify’d from techcrunch.com

  1. No control. Anyone can dial your 10 digits, including your ex-girlfriend, a political campaign worker, or a solicitor.  Unlisted numbers, Caller ID and do-not-call lists all tried to solve this problem, but these solutions still don’t prevent unwanted calls.

  2. Phone numbers are tied to a device, not to you. Everyone has multiple numbers, yet your home line is shared, leaving callers guessing the best way to reach you.

  3. User experience is very limited. The phone was designed as a utility—dial a number, have a conversation. It’s remained this way since its inception.  It’s not optimized for other experiences, which is why voicemail and conference calls are tedious, and why checking flight status is worse than a root canal.

Read more at techcrunch.com
 

No comments: