PARTNER News

Friday, August 27

Like I said to @CoxCable and @Clear... Social Media is not your soapbox

We had a campaign a couple weeks back to get @coxcable to listen. They had been broadcasting on Twitter, but I could never get a response.



An hour later, @Cox_Will was on the case and has been a friend on the inside ever since. I've now talked to several more Cox people (once the logjam was cleared) and had wonderful encounters.



One Cox employee here in Vegas went out an got a Twitter account to make sure she could talk to me. That's above the call of duty!



Meanwhile, I started up a @Clear campaign. Tried @Clearwire too and added @sprint since @Clear is owned by them.



They found my number, called and left VM while I was traveling and let me know that they don't have conversations in public.



Funny thing though. I do.



I'm the customer. I expect to ask for help on Twitter and Facebook.. to have my blogs post read and responded to. Is that a fair expectation.



Frankly, I don't care... I'm the CUSTOMER. :)



Brian Solis explains that I'm not the only one expecting to have a conversation. While I'll admit I'm a bit more concerned about the conversation then the outcome.. MOST consumers just want to know they are being heard.



The Clear guy who contacted me seemed to want to help, but so did the 16 other Clear employees I've talked to in the past year while I've endured the problem. I suspect I'll get around to chasing him down, probably have to find the phone message and call his voice mail.. when I do I'll report that here on Amplify and my http://LaserPage.com blog and give updates on our social media radio show http://blogtalkradio.com/warren



But if asked today, I'd say "Clear doesn't get it. Cox does"



Next up.. our project to get attention for @TreyPennington's @USAirways appeal..;. if you know anyone working in any of these companies, or any other large concern.. tell them about Brian's "Engage or Die" message.



If you don't know someone personally.. TELL EVERYONE Let's find the people inside the big companies that do care (I'm convinced they are out there)


No comments: