PARTNER News

Friday, August 6

I used the REMOVE button to take all @FastCompany notices out of my stream on Facebook. My day is made.

The problem with the Fast Company Influencer project is that it IS working as a viral promotion.



While I don't go for contest that rely on asking your friends to vote for you, I don't want to stop anyone else from doing this. As trivial as the title is to me, I know friends who will use the credibility of a Fast Company logo to get more attention. Most of them deserve more attention, so now harm done there.



But just when I get comfortable forgetting about it.. up pops another friend on Twitter or Facebook who succumbed. Since I'm not joining this pyramid, I was finding it annoying.. Nowhere near annoying enough to unfollow or remove them.



ENTER THE REMOVE BUTTON



The REMOVE function in your Facebook Notification stream is a cool feature. I learned about it when my son told me he doesn't mind my flood of Facebook activity because he never sees my updates (that's why you'll see stuff in my stream with his name.. Dad has a few tricks up his sleeve).



This is the perfect Farmville releiief and works great on Fast Company.



Sure, the Fast Company promo is a scam and a shill game, but I'm glad some friends are exploiting it for their benefit... and now I don't have to see it on Facebook

No comments: