PARTNER News

Monday, August 9

Paying Less Attention to @ChrisBrogan. I can't switch to @jimkural

I love reading anything from Chris. Really enjoy hanging out when we can.



Sometimes I go days without seeing a twee from him (though other days I read several and the links and blog posts)



Is this bad?



Chris points out that we can't see everything and spend time with everyone.



I agree. If I didn't see Chris for a year, he'd still be my friend. With social media, I hear from him most days.



I had to mention Jim Kukral. After all, his new book is called ATTENTION (out tomorrow, buy a copy) Sheez, I hardly ever talk to Jim now. What will happen when HE gets more connections?

Amplify’d from inoveryourhead.net

If I spent 6 minutes a day with 100 Twitter friends, that’s 10 hours.

Only 100. If I gave ONLY 100 people some of my time, that’s 10 hours right there. No email. No work. No writing. No family life. 10 hours gone just to some tweets to individuals.

Email: I get just under 600 a day. Of those, I process about 120 myself. If I give each of those just 1 minute (and email takes much longer than tweets), that’s another 2 hours.

I’m up to 12 hours just to service a few hundred friends and colleagues.

We are setting ourselves up to be disappointments to many. Or that’s the feeling I’m getting way down deep in my gut and my bones. I feel it more and more every day. I feel people growing weary of the “Chris doesn’t have time” side of the Internet.

But this is unnatural. We didn’t used to have hundreds of thousands of contacts. Dunbar. 150. Right?

Read more at inoveryourhead.net
 

1 comment:

julien said...

uh... wrong url in the link maybe? :)

thanks for the mention either way.