PARTNER News

Monday, August 30

Sensational Headline? Maybe. But @michelfortin is right

I don't think it's a trend. Many people selling how to make money are so focus on how THEY can make money that they don't even think about the long term effects of what they do.



Some say it looks like one guy agrees to take his product off the market while the other guy launches.. More likely that since these guys work in false scarcity cycles, they have gaps in their schedules and use those rest periods to hack something else.



I know many of the guys selling "get rich on the net" stuff.. most of them are honestly living in the belief that anyone can play their game and do well.



However, my best friends, and good guys like Michel lists in his post, are telling me that there is MORE money in selling to people who want to improve real businesses, build real relationships with customers, and have a reputation that will sell a product day in and day out for years.



There will always be many "get rich quick" ideas. The market loves to buy the easy fix. Unfortunatly, the same "quick fix" buyers are the ones who don't implement the systems and thus the success rate is low.



I'll opt for sharing products from people I KNOW have quality, do what they say, and are in it for the long haul. I'm proud to offer good stuff and get paid a commission, but the commission is not the primary reason for offering it.

Amplify’d from www.michelfortin.com
iStock 000009716313XSmall 150x150 A Disturbing Trend in Internet Marketing

A Disturbing Trend in Internet Marketing

But if they’re promoting each other regardless of product quality or value for the price, that’s unethical at best. And if they’re agreeing to a pricing scheme or taking products off the market during other peoples’ launch periods to reduce competition, I’d expect the FTC to be breathing down their necks really soon.”

Focus on what they do, not who they are.

Nevertheless, I often want to join in on the conversation myself, but I stop short of doing so because I fear what I say will fall on deaf ears — if not get drowned by a handful of witch-​​hunting McCarthyists who trawl around for any faint smell of blood.

Caveat emptor” shouldn’t be used as a loophole to take advantage of the vulnerable.

Read more at www.michelfortin.com
 

No comments: