PARTNER News

Friday, August 27

How Many Relationships Can On Person Maintain?

Dunbar said 150 and without social media technology, I think there is some validity to that. But let's think about the people we know.



I once thought that someone I had met, then not talked to again for years was a lost connection. How could they possibly rememeber me when I was murky in my memory at best?



But now that I use Twitter (and other social media) I find that those tenuous relationships can be quite powerful. I'll notice a photo that look like someone I met, check the name and link and realize I'd forgot a contact from year ago.



Now, many times at live events, and new client intake interviews, I talk to people who say "we met years ago" or "I saw you at ..."



The 150 barrier was broke from me when I started keeping up with people using 140 characters.



How about you?

Amplify’d from www.readwriteweb.com
twitterfollow.jpg

twitterbotsDunbar's Number, the theory that most people can maintain at most 150 stable interpersonal relationships, faces an unusual challenge in the time of social media. You may have more people than that add you as a follower on Twitter every month, week or maybe, every day. Half or more are robots, spammers or robot spammers.

Read more at www.readwriteweb.com
 

No comments: